How many times do you look at an item in your house and tell yourself that you’ll use it soon, so you shouldn’t get rid of it? Then the objects inevitably don’t get used.
You can avoid this by making a “Use It or Lose It” list. Add to the list anything that you swear you’ll use but haven’t yet. At the end of a certain amount of time, get rid of the things on the list that you haven’t used.
Here’s my list. My “Use or Lose” deadline is July 1, 2012. Right now the list is small. But it will grow as we pack and unpack from the move into our new condo. Please come back to see more!
If I don’t use it, I lose it…
1. Instructional DVDs that came with my SLR camera
2. Star Trek Voyager 7th Season DVD
3. Three seasons of Frasier DVDs
4. Bryn Mawr College (my alma mater!) tote bag
5. Ceramic pitcher
6. The suit from my college interviews that I amazingly still fit in
7. The white dress I bought for May Day at Bryn Mawr